What can I say about this trailer other than, Holy Shit. It looks to be at least one of the most unique films of the year with a plot that can really grab anyone’s attention. I think what this has going of it is the concept of the film. In a futuristic gangland, a killer (Gordon-Levitt) works for a mob in the year 2042 and kills people who are sent from the year 2072. He recognizes one victim (Willis) as himself and hesitates, resulting in the escape of his older self. Most recently Hollywood has been suffering from lack of originality, so far two movie trailer I’ve posted (Ted and now Looper) are completely original ideas that are relatively clever for this years slates of releases, which include countless remakes and sequels that not everyone wants to see. I am right now adding this movie to #6 on my most anticipated movies of this year, I will post one later this week if I can get to it.
My thought on this movie have yet to change since I first saw the original trailer. The only problem is all the unanswerable question that the movie is going to pose when all said is done, such as paradoxes and the fact that what happens to Joseph Gordon-Levitt if he does end up killing his future self. I am still fully invested in this film and would like to see how it ends up turning out when it is released in theaters.
In a futuristic gangland, a 25 year-old killer named Joseph Simmons (Gordon-Levitt) works for a Mafia company in Kansas City in the year 2042 as a “Looper”, where he kills and disposes of people who are sent by their employers known as “Gat Men” from their corporate headquarters in Shanghai from the year 2072. Loopers, like himself, are used as foot soldiers and are well paid on the terms that all hostages must never escape, including Loopers themselves. Gat Men are New York Accent-sounding men who are hired by a Southern Accented Godfather, who is portrayed by Jeff Daniels, who are being used as sentries, and each Gat Man has been given complete authority and responsibility in controlling their own group of Loopers. When one target arrives however he recognizes the 55 year-old victim (Willis) as himself and hesitates, allowing his older self to escape. The resulting failure of his job causes the Gat Men to come after him, forcing him to fight for his life as he hunts his older self
- New International Trailer for LOOPER (collider.com)
- ‘Looper’ International Trailer: Rian Johnson’s Sci-Fi Story Is Revealed (slashfilm.com)
- LOOPER – Incredible New International Trailer! (geektyrant.com)
- Looper New International Trailer (emileeid.com)
- Looper (returntofleet.com)
- ‘Looper’ International Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Doesn’t Want to Be Bruce Willis (screenrant.com)
- International ‘Looper’ Trailer Reveals Time Travel Plot Spoilers (screencrave.com)
- Rian Johnson Thinks You Shouldn’t Watch This LOOPER Trailer (badassdigest.com)
- Awesome New Trailer For Bruce Willis’s ‘Looper’ (techfleece.com)
- Looper Trailer of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- New Looper trailer explains the plot behind this bloody time travel flick [Video] (io9.com)
- ‘Looper’ Gets A Time-Twisted Teaser Trailer (screencrave.com)