I don’t know much about the comic book Judge Dredd but I do have to say that the new movie looks incredible intense, which would be a step above the crap that Sylvester Stallone made. The only problem is how closely resembles The Raid: Redemption, which I heard is incredible, but even with the similarity I plan on seeing it out of curiosity and a will to see something fun. The story of Dredd takes place on a fictional Earth created as a result of the Atomic Wars. Survivors of this period are living in megacities, which protects its citizens from the Cursed Earth, a radioactive desert environment populated by mutants. The main story takes place in Mega-City One, where the police who are now called judges have the power to use police brutality to some extent to fight extreme murders. One man, Judge Dredd (Karl Urban), a senior law enforcement officer, teams up with a cadet called Judge Anderson (Olivia Thirlby) to track down a terrorist organization lead by Ma-Ma (Lena Headey), who is responsible for selling a reality-altering drug called Slo-Mo.
- TRAILER: Your First Full Look at ‘Dredd’ (ifanboy.com)
- First Dredd trailer shows off Judge Dredd’s futuristic urban hellhole [Video] (io9.com)
- First Trailer for DREDD Starring Karl Urban (collider.com)
- Judge Dredd Reboot Has a Poster (media.gunaxin.com)
- ‘Dredd’ Gets Teaser Poster and Stills (webpronews.com)
- ‘Dredd’ Trailer: Attack the Block (slashfilm.com)
- First “Dredd” Trailer Debuts (comicbookresources.com)