Directed by: McG
After seeing the trailer for this movie I knew it was going to be bad movie, the plot alone screamed terrible romantic comedy. It seems like it is trying to pull off something like Mr. and Mrs. Smith or Knight and Day, both are much better films than this, by making it a comedy that involves spy and an unlucky girl, this is more Knight and Day than Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but both other films actually made it a fun premise while this suffered from being just to over the top and freckly boring. Now when i went into the film I was expecting it to be awful, which it is, but the thing that surprised me was how well the acting was, I enjoyed both Tom Hardy and Chris Pine in their respective roles and even enjoyed Reese Witherspoon but the way the characters are handled doesn’t really do much for the them or their roles in the films progression. The worst part that I think about this film is the terrible villain that they decided to throw in at the end, he made no sense when it came to the story, only linking the beginning of the film, otherwise he was not used to his potential nor given anything really to do outside of getting revenge on the main characters. The worst thing about the film is how overly bad the special effects were, it was rather clear when there was some, like the car ruling at the end.
Chris Pine and Tom Hardy portray the world’s deadliest CIA operatives, as well as inseparable partners and best friends…until they fall for the same woman (Reese Witherspoon). Having once helped bring down entire enemy nations, they are now employing their incomparable skills and an endless array of high-tech gadgetry against their greatest nemesis ever – each other.
Sure there were some very good acting and some inspiring quotes having to do with mistakes leading to where you are in life and how you want to be with the person who makes you the better person but the movie suffers in a lot of different ways mainly the story and special effects. If you want to check it out I would recommend renting it before purchasing it.
5 out of 10
- Watch Reese Witherspoon Flirt With Chris Pine in an Exclusive Deleted Scene From This Means War (popsugar.com)
- This Means War – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Bad Movie Tuesday: This Means War (moviesfilmsandflix.com)
- Review: THIS MEANS WAR (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy Talk Romantic Risks and Going to War (popsugar.com)
- Blu-ray and DVD Picks For May 22 – 28 (screencrave.com)
- This Means War: Why We Actually Go See Movies (popjudgment.com)
- This Means War and Thoughts on Love Triangles (kaitnolan.com)
- This Means War (2012) (avocadojuice.wordpress.com)