Directed by: Barry Sonnenfeld
I think that I may have stated in my previous post about the movie trailer that I had no real interest in because of the sour taste that the second one left on me and the fact that it didn’t look as good as the first one but when I walked out of the theater I was surprised with the actual outcome of the movie. I personally think that the first Men in Black is by far Will Smith’s best movie and best comedic performance, only bet out by his performance in a Pursuit of Happyness, and this is definitely a return to form for him. The highlight of the movie is Josh Brolin, by the trailer I knew he would be, who does a spot on impersonation of Tommy Lee Jones and manages to share the same amount of chemistry with Will Smith. There is a few flaws, such as the villain who was not as memorable as Edgar the Bug from the first, and some people were not explored enough, such as O, but one thing that was not a flaw was the 3D which I have to say turned out pretty good.
In Men in Black 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back… in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K’s life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him – secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.
I would have to recommend this to a lot of people because it really is a lot of fun and makes up for the disaster that was the second one.
7 out of 10
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Six-Minute Preview at Midnight Showings of MEN IN BLACK 3D in IMAX (collider.com)
- Tommy Lee Jones Talks MEN IN BLACK 3, CAPTAIN AMERICA, Spielberg’s LINCOLN, Favorite Movies, and More (collider.com)
- ‘Men In Black 3’ Unscripted: That Time Josh Brolin Stabbed Will Smith With A Steak Knife (news.moviefone.com)
- Will Smith couldn’t be happier to ﬁght aliens again in Men in Black 3 (arts.nationalpost.com)
- ‘Men In Black 3′ star Josh Brolin talks playing Tommy Lee Jones’ role (abclocal.go.com)
- Barry Sonnenfeld Reveals ‘Men in Black 3′ ‘Alien’ Cameos; New Images (screenrant.com)
- 5 Clips and 14 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Footage from MEN IN BLACK 3 (collider.com)