Directed by: Joss Whedon
After nearly 5 years in the making The Avengers finally arrived at the cinemas and the reaction couldn’t be any better, 250 million in 5 days at the domestic box office and nearly 500 million in 15 days at the international box-office, so it is hard to call this movie a failure in the least and it is sure to become the third highest grossing movie of all time just behind Titanic and Avatar, both of which are not nearly as awesome as this movie turned out to be. The movie itself is just something that has been anticipated for quite some time by comic book fans, it brings together many of the characters that they love together to fight an evil together and the movie doesn’t disappoint in any sense of the word. Everything about this movie works perfectly. The plot is rather simple but when it is combined with some of the best actors representing some great characters plus add some comedy makes this movie more complex than it seems it would and it appeals to everyone, I know because I was there opening night and almost all of the showing where sold out.
Marvel Studios delivers the ultimate comic-book film, which ties together such characters as Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) for a big-screen franchise team-up like no other. Taking center stage this time is Nick Fury (played once again by the note-perfect Samuel L. Jackson), leader of the peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury, along with former Russian spy Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), recruits a super team to combat Thor’s ever-deceptive brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) after he brainwashes ace archer Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) while stealing a cosmic cube from an underground base. Thus the heroes must learn to work together alongside outlaw scientist Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), who can track down the artifact’s gamma signals when he’s not hulking out into a giant green monster.
I found a lot of this movie to be great, yet some minor flaws but that doesn’t take away from the experience. The acting was great the character interaction are even better, something that Joss Whedon has always been good at, and finally a fantastic Bruce Banner who ends up being the best addition to the movie and Hulk single handily taking the spotlight from everyone else, and even Black Widow was a better character in this than before. The only downside it that Hawkeye doesn’t have much to do but he can be fleshed out in later films but in this movie he was the character that never really had much potential and wasn’t given enough screen time to really have much of an impact on the audience.
This movie was something that I was waiting for since the after credit scene in Iron Man and it turned out to be everything I hoped it to be and much more.
10 out of 10
- Haven’t seen ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ yet? Watch the trailer THEN go see it! (examiner.com)
- Marvel’s: The Avengers, Really?! (gracieetalks.wordpress.com)
- New Images from Marvel’s THE AVENGERS (collider.com)
- Disney Officially Announces ‘The Avengers 2′ (Of Course) (screencrave.com)
- AVENGERS: Scarlett Johansson’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony (thenewxmasdolly.blogspot.com)
- Avengers’ slum scenes trigger anger in India (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS – Scarlett Johansson Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- New International Poster For Marvel’s The Avengers (firewireblog.com)
- POLL RESULTS: How Much Will “Avengers” Earn In Its North American Debut? (comicbookresources.com)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & EOS 7D DSLR Cameras of Choice for Stunts / Action Work on Set of “Marvel’s The Avengers” (filmtools.com)
- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Dominates UK Box Office For Second Weekend, As The Overall World Box Office Exceed $700m! Avengers 2 Is Coming! (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- New Movie Releases – ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ [VIDEO] (1340thefan.com)
- ‘The Avengers’ to assemble for a sequel (newsok.com)
- ‘Avengers’ soar, ‘Harry Potter’ box-office magic now a card trick (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- Movie Review – Marvel’s the Avengers #TheAvengersEvent (eightymphmom.com)
- “Smash Puny Cinema!” AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Destroys UK Box Office,The Hulk To Finally Get His Own New Film? 2015? (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- Review: Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’ does it right (mercurynews.com)
- Marvel Studios Celebrates Release of Avengers (comicbooked.com)