I can’t believe just how much money that this movie made over the weekend. I knew it would make a lot of money but I never expected to see it make this much. I can say from experience that the movie was sold out in every showing at my local movie theater. Glad to see that Joss Whedon was able to make this movie awesome.
- What Should Joss Whedon Do Next? [Poll] (wired.com)
- The Avengers: theaters bank on the midnight mania of diehard fans (guardian.co.uk)
- The Avengers: Director Joss Whedon Reveals the Only Hard Part About Making the Movie (eonline.com)
- Joss Whedon: The Complete Companion: Must-Have for Whedon Fans (wired.com)
- Director Joss Whedon Talks About His Favorite Avenger, and Giving Everyone Some Time in the Spotlight (popsugar.com)
- Three Cheers for Joss Whedon: King of the Geeks, King of the World [Opinion] (kotaku.com)
Originally posted on Inside Movies:
[ew_image url=”http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/03/avengers-black-widow_320.jpg” credit=”Zade Rosenthal” align=”right”]Disney announced today that The Avengers opened even stronger than the studio originally thought. Instead of an estimated $200.3 million, which is the figure Disney reported yesterday, the superhero extravaganza actually debuted to $207.4 million last weekend — or $38.2 million more than the previous opening-weekend record holder, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 ($169.2 million).
The Avengers grossed $80.8 million on Friday (second-biggest Friday after Deathly Hallows — Part 2), $69.5 million on Saturday (best Saturday ever), and $57 million on Sunday (top Sunday ever). The Joss Whedon film became the first movie to reach $150 million in just two days, and the first to cross $200 million in three days. The Avengers has also been a powerhouse in foreign markets, having grossed an estimated $447.4 million overseas in 12 days (since debuting in several territories on April 25). The…
View original 53 more words