I can say that I didn’t expect The Five-Year Engagement would fail this badly. I had some hope for it since Jason Segel and Emily Blunt seemed to work well together. This weekend seems to be like it is going to be one of the weakest box office weekends of 2012 but since the Avengers comes out next weekend, the slump at the box office should not continue since it is expected to open bigger than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
- Bad News For Judd Apatow (huffingtonpost.com)
- Box office preview: Will ‘The Five-Year Engagement’ earn as much as ‘Bridesmaids’? (insidemovies.ew.com)
- ‘Avengers’ opens strong at global box office (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- Think Like a Man Beats Latest From Judd Apatow [Box Office] (gawker.com)
- ‘The Avengers’ dominating the box office overseas: Will it break the domestic opening weekend record? (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Jason Segel and Emily Blunt Talk THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT, Favorite Movies, Directors and Actors, Improv, and More (collider.com)
- New Releases: ‘The Five-Year Engagement,’ ‘The Raven,’ ‘The Pirates! Band of Misfits,’ ‘Safe’ (news.moviefone.com)