I know this is going to sound like a broken record but I’m am still not surprised that The Avengers was able to beat out another, the likes of Battleship, movie. Yet another bomb this year with Battleship I didn’t look all that good and now it shows that people showed no interest in it. The only thing that looks to be able to topple Avengers now is Men in Black 3, I just hope the movie is good cause I’m seeing tonight.
- Battleship Gets Blown Out of the Water at the Box Office (dreadcentral.com)
- Battleship Fails To Sink “The Avengers” (therussparrmorningshow.com)
- ‘Avengers’ sinks ‘Battleship’ at box office (entertainment.msnbc.msn.com)
- The Avengers Sunk Your Battleship [Box Office] (gawker.com)
- The Avengers sink Battleship in the U.S. (hollywood.com)
- Battleship Can’t Sink The Avengers At The Weekend Box Office (pinkbananaworld.com)
Originally posted on Inside Movies:
[ew_image url="http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/01/01/the-avengers_320.jpg" credit="Zade Rosenthal" align="left"]Once again, it was all about The Avengers at the box office, as three new releases failed to even approach the Marvel superhero blockbuster’s third-weekend gross of $55.1 million, according to studio estimates.
The movie dropped 47 percent — an admirable hold for a picture that’s putting up such huge numbers. By the end of Sunday, The Avengers will have made an estimated $457.1 million domestically, passing $450 million in a record 17 days. (The previous record holder, The Dark Knight, reached that milestone in 27 days.) Meanwhile, The Avengers also passed Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest to become Disney’s biggest movie ever both domestically and worldwide. It now sits in fourth place on the all-time worldwide chart, behind only Avatar, Titanic, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2.
The Avengers‘ continued dominance meant fewer moviegoers…
View original 607 more words