Once again, it was all about The Avengers at the box office, as three new releases failed to even approach the Marvel superhero blockbuster's third-weekend gross of $55.1 million, according to studio estimates.
The movie dropped 47 percent -- an admirable hold for a picture that's putting up such huge numbers. By the end of Sunday, The Avengers will have made an estimated $457.1 million domestically, passing $450 million in a record 17 days.
- Battleship Gets Blown Out of the Water at the Box Office (dreadcentral.com)
- Battleship Fails To Sink "The Avengers" (therussparrmorningshow.com)
- 'Avengers' sinks 'Battleship' at box office (entertainment.msnbc.msn.com)
- The Avengers Sunk Your Battleship [Box Office] (gawker.com)
- The Avengers sink Battleship in the U.S. (hollywood.com)
- Battleship Can't Sink The Avengers At The Weekend Box Office (pinkbananaworld.com)