Of course Tony Stark wasn't satisfied with just one weekend of headlines!
After its record-demolishing $207.4 million debut last weekend, The Avengers easily stayed atop the box office in its second frame, soaring to $103.2 million (a drop of only 50 percent) over the Friday-to-Sunday period. That figure crushes the second weekend box office record, which was formerly held by…
Well it turns out that Avengers will be one of the biggest movies of all time. Right now it is completely exceeding every expectation for the movie and shattering box office records while it is at it. I do have to say that it is completely deserving and that Marvels next movies have a lot to live up to. At this point I do not think that the Dark Knight Rises will be victor in the box office battle but I am still looking forward to that movie more than any other one this summer.
- Avengers sets box office record (bbc.co.uk)
- Does Dark Knight Rises Have Any Chance of Toppling The Avengers' $200 Million Blowout? (eonline.com)
- 'Avengers' Smashes 2nd Weekend Box Office Record With $103.2M, Passes $1B Worldwide | EW (shortformblog.com)
- The Avengers Sets New Box Office Record (fox2now.com)
- Box Office: 'Avengers' Breaks Record with $200 Million Opening Weekend (news.moviefone.com)
- Trailered: "The Dark Knight Rises" (fluffrick.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: May 13th 2012 (screenrant.com)
- New Dark Knight Rises Trailer Is Indeed Dark... And Magnificent (gizmodo.com.au)
- The Avengers Juggernaught Passes $1 Billion (eoghann.com)
- Avengers Breaks Box-Office Records While Offending Indians [Movies] (jezebel.com)