Disney announced today that The Avengers opened even stronger than the studio originally thought. Instead of an estimated $200.3 million, which is the figure Disney reported yesterday, the superhero extravaganza actually debuted to $207.4 million last weekend -- or $38.2 million more than the previous opening-weekend record holder, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2 ($169.2 million).
- What Should Joss Whedon Do Next? [Poll] (wired.com)
- The Avengers: theaters bank on the midnight mania of diehard fans (guardian.co.uk)
- The Avengers: Director Joss Whedon Reveals the Only Hard Part About Making the Movie (eonline.com)
- Joss Whedon: The Complete Companion: Must-Have for Whedon Fans (wired.com)
- Director Joss Whedon Talks About His Favorite Avenger, and Giving Everyone Some Time in the Spotlight (popsugar.com)
- Three Cheers for Joss Whedon: King of the Geeks, King of the World [Opinion] (kotaku.com)